how to use
ON/OFF Switch & Lock
The PainPod Heat is a powerful yet simple to use Medical Device that can be applied to different areas on the body to alleviate pain, improve muscle condition and support overall health.
The PainPod Heat delivers pre-programmed electric pulses, with a wide range of pulse frequencies covering TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) and EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation), both of which can be used with or without the heat application for additional benefits and at varying intensity levels.
By consulting the placement chart and selecting different modes and intensity levels, you can personally determine the most comfortable and effective way to use the PainPod Heat.
Please take the time to read this instruction manual and all the information provided with this device. Our website also contains useful information, is updated regularly and can answer FAQ’s.
Connect pad to device OR to extension connector and attach extension connector to the device.
Clean skin around and attach the pad to the desired area on your body ensuring firm contact.
Switch device on by pressing the ON/OFF switch for 3 seconds, the front display will light up as an indicator.
Select the desired mode by touching M. There are 8 modes to select from with mode number shown on the display.
Increase/Decrease intensity to a comfortable level by touching +/- .
Select desired time duration by touching T. Default timer is set to 30 minutes and will adjust to 40, 50, 60, 10, 20, 30 minutes.
Select the desired heat level by touching H. Level 1 is up to 40o C, Level 2 is up to 43o C, turn the heat off. *Note: You can use Stimulation and Heat independently or simultaneously.
Press the ON/OFF switch briefly to lock the Touch Screen, then again to unlock it OR switch the device off by pressing the ON/OFF switch for 3 seconds when finished. The device will switch off automatically once the countdown timer reaches zero
• Duration suggested for each body area is 30 min and 2 times per day. Consult with your health professional for longer and more frequent use.
• Start from the lowest intensity and gradually increase the intensity to a comfortable level at a scale from 1 to 20.
• Good skin care is important for comfortable use of the PainPod Heat. Be sure the treatment site is clean of dirt and body lotion.
• Keeping the Heat Pad in the storage bag after use will extend its lifespan. The Heat Pad is disposable and should be replaced when it loses adhesiveness.
• Clean skin thoroughly prior to each application of Heat Pad. The Heat Pad will not stick well if any lotion, oil, or debris is left on the skin.
• Ensure the device is off before attaching the connector or Heat Pad to it.
• Apply the Heat Pad firmly to the skin.
don't have a painpod HEAT yet?
still need help?
Contraindications: DO NOT use an electrotherapy device of any kind; • if you have a pacemaker or any kind of electronic implanted device • if you have a cochlear implant hearing device • on your torso if you are less than 37 weeks pregnant • if you have a severe heart disorder • if you suffer from epilepsy • if you already have DVT. Consult with your doctor before use if you are pregnant, prone to seizures, have cancer or are recovering from cancer. PainPod advanced physical therapy medical devices are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods as ARTG Identifiers: 176131 and 288990. Always follow the PainPod instructions for use or as specifically directed by a healthcare professional. See Warning pamphlet for contraindications. If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional. If you require more information, contact us today.